Tuesday, February 17, 2015

5 Favorite Pins of February

Hello!
I hope you had a fun Valentine's Day and a peaceful President's Day.
Today I'm linking up with Aileen at Mrs. Miracle's Music Room to share my favorite pins of February.

#1: What Piano Etiquette Should We Be Teaching Our Students?
If you've read my latest blog post you know that my son Jude is preparing for his Suzuki Piano Book 1 Party. It's next Saturday. Today we had his run-through with his piano teacher and he seems ready and confident. I came across this helpful reminder blog post about the little etiquette rules that make a difference in piano performance. While I don't agree with every rule she lists, (I honestly don't care that much about which end of the bench my kid enters from, as long as he'd not hurdling over it!), these simple rules do make a difference in presentation.

#2: Denise Gagne Kodaly's Viennese Musical Clock. 
Cup movement active listening lesson
This is so simple and engaging! The emphasis on form, pattern, and beat is evident. I'm excited to try it with my second graders. Denise has several other videos worth checking out. Her youtube channel is denisegagne50.




#3: Thank God it's Monday! Creating Peace and Joy in the Classroom and Home
by Sally Ogden
So....I'm not sure if I've shared this but I'm an audiobook/radio show/podcast junkie. Most of the time I prefer listening to podcasts, audio books and lectures over watching television or videos. 
Several years ago I attended a 3 day Love and Logic for Teachers conference and Sally Ogden was one of the guest presenters. Full disclosure; Mrs. Ogden was my french teacher in high school. She was one of the most friendly, helpful, and funny teachers in school and her personality shines through on this recording. This presentation/lecture focuses on creating positive classroom environments and bulletproofing. If you are feeling negative about classroom behaviors or attitudes listening to this will brighten your outlook!


 #4: Dalcroze Eurhythmics, Bunny Story - Fritz Anders
Here's my friend Fritz leading his students through a story exploring high, middle, low, dynamics, and tempo changes. (I love his Peter and the Wolf musical quote when the wolf appears!)

#5: The Beatles collage
I love the Beatles and this collage is simply very cool!



Thanks for reading, and a big thanks to Aileen for the linky party!
Be sure to read all the other wonderful music ed blog link ups over at Mrs. Miracle's Music Room!



1 comment:

  1. Hello, I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wish you best of luck for all your best efforts..
    Voice Teachers Franklin TN

    ReplyDelete