Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy OAKE Conference Week!

March has definitely come in like a lion, not in the sense of weather in Colorado, just in terms of packed schedules and long to-do lists! 

I have several unfinished blog posts waiting in the wings that I will finish before we're "out like a lamb." The posts will have to keep waiting for the moment; I am headed to Atlanta for the 40th Organization of American Kodály Conference! It is always great to re-charge, gain new ideas, see old friends, make new friends, and be surrounded by music! 
I also serve as Member at Large on the OAKE Board which means I'll be there a day and a half early for meetings. (No, really, I actually enjoy the meetings and helping to get things done in an organization I strongly believe in!)

I will report back when I return from the OAKE conference. 
Meanwhile, in honor of OAKE's 40th conference my Teachers Pay Teachers store will be marked down 15% from March 19th until Saturday, March 22nd.

I just posted a batch of piano practice records
I made one for my 8 year old son who needs more incentive to practice, lately.
(He also has a Federation competition coming up in two weeks!)
I loved the piano clip art and just continued making the forms. Soon I had 57 different forms.



I also recently posted some Letter Name Cards and Solfa Cards.
I rely on my letter and solfa cards every year when 3rd grade recorder begins and we transition from reading solfa on the staff to reading absolute pitch (letter) names. That's another post I've started and will complete before April!



I hope you have a great week! If you're going to Atlanta, I hope to see you there! (I'll be at the OAKE Booth quite a bit, stop by!)


1 comment: